Hawaiian music on satellite stations?
auntiemaria
2004-11-23 18:23:33 UTC
Does anyone know if any of the various satellite
radio stations (like XM and Sirius) include a
Hawaiian music channel?

-- auntie maria
--
MELE.COM - Hawaiian Music Island http://mele.com <<
Since 1995, the #1 Internet source for Hawaiian CDs <<
Listen to Auntie Maria online Wed & Fri 7-9am (HST) <<
alohacyberian
2004-11-23 21:25:43 UTC
Post by auntiemaria
Does anyone know if any of the various satellite
radio stations (like XM and Sirius) include a
Hawaiian music channel?
Neither have Hawaiian Music Stations. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect
about Hawaii, Israel and more: http://keith.martin.home.att.net/
auntiemaria
2004-11-24 00:10:39 UTC
Post by alohacyberian
Post by auntiemaria
Does anyone know if any of the various satellite
radio stations (like XM and Sirius) include a
Hawaiian music channel?
Neither have Hawaiian Music Stations. KM
Umm...my error...let me reword my question:

XM and Sirius do not carry Hawaiian music.
Does anyone know if any of the other satellite
radio stations which include a Hawaiian music channel?

-- auntie maria
jimmy mac
2004-11-24 10:26:12 UTC
Post by auntiemaria
Post by alohacyberian
Post by auntiemaria
Does anyone know if any of the various satellite
radio stations (like XM and Sirius) include a
Hawaiian music channel?
Neither have Hawaiian Music Stations. KM
XM and Sirius do not carry Hawaiian music.
Does anyone know if any of the other satellite
radio stations which include a Hawaiian music channel?
-- auntie maria
It's not a radio station but Dish Network has a Hawaiian music
channel with info about the song on the screen.
--
jimmy mac
add another zero to the other zero for e-mail
UncleGregg
2004-11-24 19:58:57 UTC
The feed for Dish Network is also the Muzak-created program that you can
hear in airports, shopping malls, stores, restaurants, etc., throughout
the Islands.

Yes it's Muzak, but it's the real recordings on there, not "elevator
music" arrangements.

That's part of my job - programming this channel.
Brainiac
Your my hero, keep up the good work. Is that channel stereo?
UncleGregg
2004-11-29 18:53:41 UTC
Yes it is - and thanks for the comment! I work with a LOT of different
kinds of music here, but I really love Hawaiian music (I play uke & bass
in a band that accompanies a hula troupe in Seattle, too.)

Dennis Peterson
2004-11-27 19:20:56 UTC
Post by UncleGregg
The feed for Dish Network is also the Muzak-created program that you can
hear in airports, shopping malls, stores, restaurants, etc., throughout
the Islands.
Yes it's Muzak, but it's the real recordings on there, not "elevator
music" arrangements.
That's part of my job - programming this channel.
Now if there was a way to get all that on my Harley, some fine island mele would
be greatly appreciated while motoring around the mainland. PLEASE? :-)

Nice seeing you at the Na Leo concert in Seattle, btw. And what a nice show it was.

dp